Mara Wilson

Mara Wilson Matilda

It's been 16 years since Mara Wilson starred in Matilda (1996). Based on a novel by Roald Dahl, Matilda was a story about an extremely-intelligent young girl who gained the power to move things with her mind.

During her time at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts (she graduated in 2009), Wilson gave an interview to NYU Local in which she stated that she tries to play down her celebrity past:

It was just not what I wanted to be known for. And I really tried to play it down: when people asked me [about my past film career] I’d acknowledge it but then move on. I really don’t think I fit the stereotype of a former child actor: if anything, I fit more of the stereotype of the former high school drama nerd. I don’t want to be forever riding on the accomplishments of my six year old self. This was something that I didn’t think I could do.

Mara also explained that the reason she quit film acting is because she finds stage acting to more enjoyable.

Her last movie was "Thomas and the Magic Railroad", back in 2000:

Thomas and the Magic Railroad Mara Wilson

Share This!

No comments:

Post a Comment